Comment on page
How to create a project in Builder
Here you will find a step-by-step guide on how to submit your project using the new Gitcoin Builder
If you don’t have a wallet set up already, click on “Get a Wallet” to set up your wallet, or “Learn More” to learn more about wallets.
There are 2 separate steps that must be taken in order to participate in a grant round:
This guide will provide steps for #1: Creating Your Grant
- 1.Go to the specific Builder link and connect your wallet.
a. Builder empowers project owners to create a single profile where they can build reputation and manage applications, and accept direct donations.
b. Note: If you have multiple team members, ensure that the person most likely to update your proposal is the one submitting your project. For the Beta test, only one person will have access to editing your project on the Builder.
2. Select either the purple "+New Project" button or the "Create a Project" button as shown below:
3. Select the correct network for your round (please confirm the correct network with the round manager in order for your project to be accepted in the desired round).
4. Next, you will go to the Project Details page as shown below:
a. Note the required sizes for your project logo (300x300 px) and your project banner (1500x500 px) ⤵️
b. You can copy & paste your proposals from previous grants rounds into the Project Description box, but images & links will not be accepted during this test round.
c. We suggest you add clear headings and separate paragraphs to help contributors read your proposal. Here are some suggestions that you could include: Problem, Solution, Update Since the last round, Plans for Funding, Team Members, etc.
5. On the next page, you will be able to verify your social accounts.
a. If connecting to Twitter, be sure that you are currently logged into your project’s Twitter account.
6. Select the Next button and you will see a preview of what your project will look like. Once you’re happy with how it looks, select “Save and Publish.”
a. A wallet prompt will open up again. To create the project, you’ll need to pay a gas fee, which will be displayed in your wallet window. Click on “Confirm” to finalize.
b. It might take a few seconds for the transaction to process. Once it is complete, you’ll see a popup at the bottom that says, “Project Created!”
7. You can edit your project by following these simple instructions. Note that each time you edit and “Save and Publish,” you will need to pay gas fees because creating/editing a project is now an on-chain transaction.